Actually I saw my own
> smiling face when I glanced at the poop of my basset
> hound! Self folding back onto Self. I am shit, shit is
> me!

I think this insight applies equally well to the humanistic
perspective.  It is when one monkey that "I am not shit, but you are"
that the trouble begins for me.

Shared humanity as physical beings.

Shared expressions of a unified Self behind all of life.

Lately I'm beginning to see these concepts as much closer in their end
perspective.  It seems to depend on what aspect you pay attention to most.