I'm with you Edg in all your points.  Coincidence is more than meets the eye
(or the I).  In my own life, I've already mentioned the fact that the two
teachers I trained in China are committed to working with me until we establish
Dao of English as a tradition.  Yup, and, thanks to Marshy, I know all the
pitfalls of doing an absurd thing like that (Jai Guru Dev).   The two Chinese
Bamboo Princesses, knowing nothing of MMY, made that commitment  to me the day
Marshy died--and it's a Chinese deep *guan-xi* commitment, not an American
promise or, worse, a legal document, so it's a certainty.  Then, today, a man
I'd lost track of called me out of the blue to tell me that he will be teaching
Dao of English in Japan--and this is a guy that has a profound understanding of
this Tai-Qi-like practice--so, I'm in seventh heaven right now, right with MMY,
God bless his bloody arse.

My grandpa seems to have been an unusual man--I'm only beginning to fathom him.
 For one thing, I saw him die sitting up in bed, cheerful, and making spiritual
jokes to the last second.  I didn't make this up for this occasion either.
Judy can check with all my friends and every member of my family if she feels
like proving (again) that I'm an intellectual sloth and a pathological liar--my
sister will agree with her completely, by the way.  But Gramps's thing prolly
ain't legal.  He didn't sit in lotus, for one thing and nobody thought to put
rose petals on his head.  Moreover, he sent one of us out to get him a beer--
that was *after* he told us he would die within the hour and then he did just
that.  In fact, he predicted he wouldn't have time to finish the beer.

Now, when this man decided to teach me the lesson about coincidence, he
manifested (apparently--cause somebody sure did) two of them, two coincidences
to blow your mind, which is their ultimate purpose.  The first one came in the
form of a care-package--a random care-package from Canada.  And whoever had
sent it, had wrapped the food that saved our lives with newspaper--probably
without knowing how precious newspaper was to us, a rare commodity
indeed--imagine life without john paper or newspaper or paper of any kind.

But, before we put it this wonderful God-sent in the john to wipe our asses, we
read every blessed word.  And so, just before Christmas in 1945, one of those
wrappers in one of those care-packages had a poem on it, and this poem was
signed by a member of my grandpa's family that they had lost track of in the
slaughter and the fleeing-therefrom-bleeding-and-starving starving that was
WWI.  And sure enough, when we wrote to the paper in that town, they sent us
our Lena and Sasha's address.  If nature-support has any validity, it is in the
ability of Nature to create coincidences with every thing she creates.  There
is nothing else, in fact, because a deep coherence and a deep intelligence
inhabits all.   We just don't all see it to the same degree of depth at any
particular moment.   But we as one mind see it clearly always.

The second coincidence came hard on its heels.  Gramps was recovering from
hunger-typhus after Mom had got him out of East Berlin in a true cloak and
dagger operation, but he was well enough to sit up in bed to make me memorize
the Christmas story from the second chapter of Luke so I could recite it to
everyone under the Christmas tree.  And while he and I were working on it, a
knock came at the door just as I was saying the bit about no room at the inn.
And the guy knocking at our door at that moment, you guessed it, was named
Joseph and he said he needed a place for his wife and newborn baby for the
night, that he'd already been all up and down every street of the village and
there was no room at the inn.

I don't care what any of you trolls and watch-fiends on this list say, this
really happened in my charmed life.  Consider also the genetic history of wheat
in this context, the staff of life.  Creating the evolution of wheat from a
simple grass was a twelve-step program.  And each step required a genetic
mutation that had a gazillion chances against it happening, yet it happened and
this gazillion-chances-to-one scenario somehow arranged itself twelve different
times.  This is, in fact, an excellent model of the sequential unfolding in all
creation.  It is a history of coincidence that creates an English sentence as
well, from formless silence to expressed form because there is an  abstract,
inner mathematical  structure, laws of form, that guide the process.  It is as
Blake said, "Spiritual causes alone are real."

When Gramps died (I was eighteen), I realized that I am Gramps.  I realized it
again when Bill Witherspoon ran over and killed my Ru Dog, the best doggie
anyone ever had.