--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "gyselsvishnu" <dirkgysels@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
> > <j_alexander_stanley@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "gyselsvishnu" <dirkgysels@>

> > > What is your source for that? Official communications from the TMO
> > > refer to a cremation ceremony.
> > >

> > It is written in the Dutch local press (from the province of Limburg).
> > It is true there are many unclear things. As you know it is
officially
> > said that M. died in his sleep but other reports claim that he
> > mentioned Gurudev on his deathbed.
> > Can anyone who was there tell the real full story objectively?
> >

> I am now in Madanapalle, South India. I visited a function today in
> the Maharishi Mandir, which was constructed on his behalf in 1956.
> They said that there will be a cremation on Monday in Allahabad.
> Maharishis body will arrive on the 9th by direct plane from Amsterdam
> to Allahabad.
>
> I got the news here through the local Maharishi Mandir who in turn
> informed Mother. I had had a conversation with her a week earlier, and
> told her that MMY had said he will soon go. She laughed and said,
> where will he go, to USA? sort of joking. I said no, not like this,
> leaving this plane. She said something to the effect that there is no
> going anywhere for the enlightened - he will be here. That was very
> consoling, I didn't ask further.

The reason given for that there will be a cremation is that Maharishi
was not a Swami, and Yogis are just cremated like everybody.  Even
though Maharishi is a great saint, he would have gone strictly by the
orders of his tradition. I spoke with the nephew of Narayan Ayer just
now, and he will accompany him to be there in Allahabad. I think many
Indian devotees will come.