--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wvansant111"

<wvansant111@>
> > wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > The part that's hard for me to shake is that I do feel there
is
> > > something to TM in general. But intellectually, it doesn't
make
> > > sense. If MMY didn't really learn from Guru Dev and "made it
up"
> > > how can it be effective for so many people...esp people who
> > > aren't expecting it to do anything.
> >
> > Why doesn't that make sense intellectually?
>
> It makes sense if I'm presuming Maharishi to be an enlightened (or
> spiritually advanced) person.
<snip>

yes, it is in vogue to refer to those enlightened or awakened or
self realized beings as "spiritually advanced"-- makes us all feel
good and special and like we are all on the path and that such an
achievement is to be revered.

fact is, enlightenment and awakening are the *Normal* state of human
life. I know that makes so many of us stunted spiritual pygmies, but
thems the facts. some may even claim we are all enlightened, but
c'mon I call bullshit.

so let's move the baseline where it belongs; 100 percent in tune
with the universe, like a common fungus, or ant or house cat, is
normal for human beings. halfway there is nowhere at all.
intellectualizing about it or forming a consensus reality doesn't do
a thing. this isn't a feel good competition or something where we
get points for extra meditation or how many scriptures we've read.
we're either there, or were not. most of us aren't.