Edg, I assume you meant 'me' and not Curtis, yes?

If so, I live and work in Eureka.  Arcata is 6 miles to the north and
I prefer the Saturday farmers' market on the square there to the ones
here in Eureka.  It's a great market and up here hippie culture is
still alive and well and I appreciate it quite a lot.

The whole medical cannabis issue is convoluted; some law enforcement
is cool and some is not; the problem ultimately is that there is so
much money to be made in the blackmarket and the greymarket that cops
know that many medical users have 215 recommendations only because
it's an easy way of making a living.

There are many regular folk here, or so I have heard, who operate
small home franchises of cultivation, whether or not they smoke
themselves.  A distributor will provide equipment, clones and know-
how for a small but sophisticated grow operation in return for half
the profit the first year (maybe 2-3 grow cylcles) and after that a
distribution channel for the grower who keeps all the subsequent
profit for themselves.  You can hardly throw a stone anywhere in
Eureka or Arcata without hitting a hydroponics/organic supply store
with all the latest equipment for cultivation.

It'll be a while before this all gets hashed out but in my estimation
the drug laws mostly stink and the premise that people should be
criminalized for feeling a certain way is ridiculous.  Harm reduction
should be the focus for dealing with substances that affect behavior
in a negative way, but cannabis in my opinion does more good than
harm, whether taken medicinally, socially, or with spiritual intent.

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curtis,
>
> What town do you live in?
>
> I spent a year in Arcata, and there was always the smell wafting
> around the Saturday town-square Farmer's Market....even some open
> smoking with no attempt to hide.
>
> I knew a fellow there that grew plants for others -- as allowed by
215
> -- and he invited the local cops to his house and showed them his
> growing operations -- they weren't "the feds," so nothing happened
> him....cops were glad he was being up front.
>
> Edg
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Curtis, I should mention that Humboldt County, where I practice,
is
> > at the epicenter of the Emerald Triangle.  When you look at the
> > classified ads under "house rentals" here they frequently mention
> > whether or not the property is "215 friendly" or "grow
> > friendly".  '215' refers to Proposition 215, also known as the
> > Compassionate Use Act that allows the cultivation, possesssion,
and
> > use of medical cannabis with a physician's recommendation.
> >
> > Local law allows no more than 3 lbs. of 'bud' per qualified user,
and
> > no more than 99 plants in cultivation.  It's almost impossible to
> > walk any distance around town here without smelling medicine in
the
> > air.  So for that reason, too, India ain't any more special-er
than
> > home sweet, skunky home.
> >
> > **

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Let's see now... reason for going to India instead of staying
> > > home...oh I know...
> > >
> > > chillum packed with temple hash!
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<reavismarek@>