Comment below:

**

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Speaking of the commentary....why couldn't they shutup
> > at least for one second? It was as if they felt they
> > had to fill every moment with yak-yak.
> >

> It reminded me of any puja with Indians. As soon as the pundit
starts
> chanting the whole audience starts chatting away and ignoring the
> priest!  One of my favorite babbles from him was when he would
claim
> that there were no words to express...and then keep talking!
>
> It also reflects the reality of the crowd.  Most Indians would not
> actually meditate but touching Maharishi's foot or getting the
magical
> "darshon" at his cremation can draw a crowd.
>
> Aside from the incessant talking I really enjoyed how natural a
public
> cremation seemed.  It seems like one step more acceptance of death
and
> I like it better than throwing someone in the ground. It seems more
> complete.  I bailed around 2:30 Eastern time because I read it can
> burn for up to 6 hours!
>
> I guess in the end India was proud of its famous son.  I think
> Maharishi would have loved the whole show.  It was an amazing step
in
> technology to be able to sit in my home and witness such an
event.  I
> appreciate that it was available as well as the viewing.  I think
the
> movement got this one right.

**snip to end**

Agree with you, Curtis, particularly the last point.  It surprised
me how open and up front the TMO was about Maharishi's death and the
final rites.  I expected that Maharishi's passing would have been
hushed up a la L.Ron Hubbard's never ending voyage and, except for a
handful of insiders, no one would have known how or when he actually
left the stage.

I was happy to watch the whole thing.