--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of deepaconn
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 6:20 PM
> To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [FairfieldLife] "Even a sick man can open a health food
store"

> I wonder if he realized how prescient his statement was, with
regard to his
> own behaviour..."Even a sick man can open a health food store."
>
> When I first heard M speak these words on my TTC, I had no doubt
they were
> directed at the teachers-in-training. After his death, as more and
more
> evidence is revealed that he was just like the rest of us, with our
foibles,
> worries, fears for what might be, I see these words, now, applied
to him.

> Take him off the pedestal! What ever  state of consciousness he was
in, he
> was just a human being. Some examples:
>
> *     He was in the middle of all sorts of financail shananigans,
here and
> abroad(see FFL).
> *     A hushed-up medical crisis in '91 (?) took him to England for
> treatment, and he was worried about picking up Deepak's karma as
the result
> of a blood transfusion(see Chopra/Huffington Post).
> *     He expressed worry to a movemant doctor about his prostate
and the
> subsequently had a prostate operation in Switzerland(see FFL)
> *     He had ongoing treatment for diabetes and (possibly)
pancreatitus(see
> FFL).
> *     He had explosive anger, exhibited petty jealousies, and
blatant
> favoritism. Lying was de rigeur.(FFL)
> *     He had women he bedded and a teenage-like obsessiveness after
one of
> these women left his grasp(see FFL:Sexy Sadie files).
> *     He feared that the karma he'd created after bedding these
women
> caused the death of a TTC course participant(see FFL:Sexy Sadie
files).
> *     He suspected that having women cook for him caused the
increase in
> his libido, so... all females out...all male parusha cooks in(see
FFL:Sexy
> Sadie files). No telling if that was the end of the women.
>
> I found FFL through a Google search after M died. "maharishi dead"
plunked
> me smack dab into a FFL thread about the circumstances surrounding
his death
> and I was hooked. In all my years with the TMO, beginning in '70, I
rarely
> felt I had a safe place to express my doubts, share my intuitions,
be
> myself. Those few whom I could spoke to knew little more then I
did.

> Thank you Rick; thank you all for being here.
>
> Cath
>
> I agree with all this, but could also build a similar, probably
longer list
> of positive qualities and accomplishments. It's paradoxical, but
somehow I
> can accept it all.

I agree. There's positive and then there's the other stuff. After I
pushed the send button I realized my comments had been heavily
weighted in one direction. Thank you for reminding me.

It's just that as I've been scoutting the FFL archives, getting
caught up on what's been happening since I left Fairfield in '97,
it's just alot of stuff!

I had this ideal I was stretching for, in those early years. And his
behaviour, his choices(as far as I was aware of them), his integrity,
made up that ideal. Now I've come along way since I left the
mainstream of the movement. So I've left that guy on the pedastal way
behind, but still...alot of stuff's different than I thought it was.
> Not shocking...more... amazing! Really amazing!

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/18/2008