This post (below) and the threads on Kirk's and Steve's (and
Hagen's) experiences are what makes FFL such a resource.  Thanks one
and all.

FFL seems like a great big paramecium and every once in a while it
gives this big jump(!) and a wiggle of the cilia of attention that
sure interests me.  Great stuff!

**

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > They just did not seem any different,
>
> This discussion interests me.  I have gone through these stages of
> thinking;
>
> Sidhas have developed more subtle, aware minds through their
practice.
> (obviously when I was doing them!)
>
> Sidha are deluded and are being distracted from real thinking by a
> mind-numbing practice. (When I first left the movement)
>
> People's self awareness and capacity for genuine introspection is a
> completely separate development from any "spiritual" practice.
Some
> people develop it and some do not. (New improved by FFL version)
>
> Now I believe that thoughtful people can extract meaning and value
> from any experience.  But using a non-intellectual process as a
> substitute for the activity of thinking produces a person who
lives in
> an intellectual world of cliche, thought-stopping phrases.
>
> I have noticed that the people here whose perspective I seem to
gain
> the most from have either kept the movement conditioning at arms
> length,(Judy and sometimes Lawson as examples), or followed other
POVs