--- Larry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had noticed that at the instant of falling asleep,
> that thoughts
> became less frequent, discontiguous and random - - -
> so I will
> occaisionally reproduce that to encourage sleep.

Angela writes:
Yeah, I can enter that state at will also.  I think
you can control the mechanism that generates the
random thoughts and turn to that directly.

TomT:
I just recently went up to the dental clinic in Iowa City to have deep
root cleaning on my teeth. It is an interesting exp. where they first
clean the teeth and then they scrape the roots of your teeth to get
all the stuff that is attached all the way deep down. Had to go twice
it order to do all that needed it. Had the same exp. both times that
after they did the surface teeth part and stuffed the mouth with
cotton I was able to go to that place where no time exists. The
student was impressed that I could "sleep" through this process
without Novocaine. I told him that it was just part of my meditation
process.  TomT