http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1071-1645909,00.html

"The teacher warned us that, if we had any physical symptoms of stress,
they would probably get worse for the first few weeks before they got
better. I had suffered from unexplained nausea for years. When
miserable at boarding school, I would spend ages hunched over a loo
feeling as if I were about to throw up. It did not go away as I got
older. Doctors could not cure it, and I had begun to believe that
feeling sick was one of those things, like headaches, that you just had
to put up with.

For the first six weeks of practising meditation, the nausea became
worse and worse. But I persevered. And gradually it lifted until it
vanished altogether. The extraordinary thing is that, even though I
have since gone through long periods of not meditating at all,
particularly during the years when we had babies and young children,
the nausea has never returned."