If you have read the incredible work "Cave in the Snow: Tenzin Palmo's Quest
for
Enlightenment", you will really appreciate this announcement. Thanks to Vaj for
turning
me on to this wisdom Dakini.

Check out her web site (especially the picture of the yogis who are sharing
their
Knowledge on this whole trip). Not only are these women sharing our western,
beyond
gender slant on Enlightenment, they are going beyond the limitations of  "the
east" and
incorporating these change *in the east*. And they are sharing the wisdom of
the male
yogis as they do so. It's what I always dreamed of.

Maybe some of the women enslaved in cults like the TM org (mother divine) can
now gain
the courage to tread an honest path...and those who want to support a path for
those
women truly interested in a path to real enlightenment, will be enpowered to do
so.

So mote it be!

Kala*
************************

A small step for Tenzin Palmo, a Greap Leap for Womankind in Spirituality:
Jetsunbma Tenzin Palmo enthronement announcement
From: joan stanley-baker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This Tibetan Buddhist tradition used to have women priestesses up till the
fourteenth century, I believe when their authority was slowly removed shred
by shred till they are not even given literacy in the recent centuries but
used only to serve tea

I am happy to bring this triumph to the list.  It has been a very long
struggle, for this English Buddhist nun who sat for 12 years in a cave high
up in the Himalayas... to arrive at the honoured place given her here...

What she seeks is women's rights in spiritual practice and attainment, and
slowly, step by tiny step she is getting there.

Check her website http://www.gatsal.org/

Here just to share a soft hurrahhh...

An email contact is dongyu gatsal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Joan

Joan Stanley-Baker MLitt DPhil Oxon
Emeritus Professor, Tainan National University of the Arts #15, Lane 6
DaHeng Road,Yangmingshan, Shilin, Taipei 11191 ROC