--- gullible fool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not school age, rather pre-school age. I mentioned
> that this can occur at a very early age to point out
> that it is quite possible that people are born with
> this, or the tendency to develop this. It seemed
> like
> your first post dismissed the possibility of a
> physiologic or inherited cause altogether.

It was too cursory response. No, I see most of the
psychological disorders as psycho-physiological: the
whole mind/brain perspective.

> I would not ordinarily view the "psychodymanics
> of the mind: defenses and self-organization", as you
> say, to be be much an issue with one and two year
> old
> children. But that's not my field, and I am
> interested
> if you believe these psychodynamics start that
> early.

The organization of the personality starts as soon as
there is a viable nervous system; it starts
pre-natally. The formation is most intense from birth
to about 5 or 6 years. The psyches of 2 years olds are
very, very active!

>  --- Peter Sutphen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > and
> > > emotionally

> > > Then how come this disorder is found in children
> > at
> > > nursery school age? And how come this disorder
> > tends
> > > to run in families?
> > >
> > > The fact is, no one knows what causes it.
> >
> > No, that's not true. I'm discussing the
> > psychodymanics
> > of the mind: defenses and self-organization. Of
> > course
> > there is a genetic component. And why do you see
> my
> > rather cursory explanation contradicted by school
> > age
> > children with this diagnosis? I'll discuss this
> with
> > you, but unless you have a mental health
> background
> > you do not have enough foundational knowledge to
> > discuss this in any informed manner. I'm not
> trying
> > be arrogant, but without training and experience
> > with
> > the mentally ill it's just opinion and not
> > understanding. Sorry! In the same way, whatever
> your
> > field of expertise is, I wouldn't try to
> contradict
> > you or offer a critique because I don't know
> enough
> > about it beyond mere opionion.

> > > --- Peter Sutphen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>