Thanks, Jim, I really appreciate the suggestion but I probably
interface too much with the computer as it is.  It's not just the
musicality per se for me, and I don't contemplate performance, but
I'm interested in the whole process of learning an instrument; and to
paraphrase Brendan Perry of Dead Can Dance, being able to consciously
interact with a "dead" instrument to bring out not only its unique
aural properties, but to create the sound of consciousness by
collaborating with the instrument.

And portability would be a fine thing, too.

We'll see.  Thanks again.

Marek

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>