What a Weekend!                                                 One
of the craziest, busiest, most bizarre, and most fulfilling weekends of
my life has just come to an end. It was the the David Lynch Weekend on
Consciousness, Creativity, Sustainability and Peace. For the last three
weeks I have been working full time with admissions and the event
organizers to help create the event as a directed study in
Communications and Media. It was a ton of work and fairly exhausting,
but it was a great learning experience and totally awesome! The event
was a huge success and there is nothing more fulfilling for me than
knowing that I played a part in creating such an amazing experience
that transformed so many lives.
The new faces of prospective students, special guest performers, and
brilliant speakers brought a wave of freshness and inspiration to the
campus. As far as I know, everyone had a great time and can't wait to
come back to live in the awesomeness of Fairfield.
A highlight of the weekend was definitely crashing the Maharishi
School Prom with Donovan, Moby, David Lynch, Chrysta Bell and the gang.
It was like something out of a David Lynch movie--a posse of random
people gathering in a warehouse jamming out before entering a room full
of glammed up high school students squealing with excitement as David
Lynch crowned the queen and king and Moby, Donovan, and Co. busted out
singing Atlantis and a few other songs. I asked Moby, "did you ever
imagine that you would be in a tiny town in the cornfields of Iowa
crashing a high school prom?" He replied something along the lines of
'I'm just waiting to wake up in Germany in a cornfield and wonder what
is going on.' It ended up being a long, random, fun night hanging out
with the rock stars. Another highlight was on Sunday night hanging out
with Donovan listening to stories about the old days hanging out with
the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and everyone.
Now that the weekend is over and the excitement has died down, I am
spending a few days resting up and figuring out what I am going to do
with myself for the next two blocks. I have no classes scheduled and
lots of opportunities. My problem is never that I have nothing to do,
but that I have too many awesome things I want to do.  Usually nature
makes it really clear what I am meant to be doing and it all works out
beautifully. I am hoping that this trend will continue because it has
certainly led to an amazing last few months for me.
Coming up next weekend is the Eco Fair on campus. I am not as
involved with this as I have been in the past, but I am modeling in the
EcoJam fashion show and helping give a raw foods workshop on Sunday
morning. The theme this year is Artisan foods and the Slow Food
Movement. It should be another fantastic weekend here in the cornfields!
Peace,
Puki

Be a better friend, newshound, and