> > [...]
> What this really means is that you can by a perfectly fine PC for under
> $1000, even good laptops. Macs are overpriced and Jobs is laughing all
> the way to the bank.

Jobs probably is laughing.  I just ordered online this weekend a 15"
MacBook Pro with a 250GB HD.  This will be my first Mac product.  I've
always had to work in the PC/Win world because of the products I
service and the companies I've worked for.  I want to branch out from
my field service life into other areas I see the lack of Mac
experience as a hinderance, thus the MacBook Pro.

My intention is to use this largely as a Windows XP Pro machine via
Boot Camp, but it provides me with a badly needed laptop and Mac
experience to get the training I'm going to need.  I got a 4 position
KVM on my desk at home so it can find a comfortable place with the
other 3 occupants: an Ubuntu machine, a Windows Vista machine and a
Windows XP Pro machine.

Any suggestions on good freeware/shareware for a Mac newb?