<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001U3Ij8MZQVUA7KtM2BVkuyJJAiWgnpbbWVpdAyljzyDBXIpiI
kG8tBTrBXiJQ5GWsqoqlmeJ3qlEip2D6iGasbGFW_q7HdxLzHH0yaQVeWsCsftJFenhv31YR5Lpe
lk77> Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk

Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk

An Iowa Tourism Event of the Year - Iowa Tourism Office

According to several recent surveys,
what is the #1 Reason people say they love
1st Fridays Art Walk?

 1st Fridays Art Walk - Kids and Flowers
<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs052/1102018840722/img/34.jpg?a=11021
22195255>  1st Fridays Art Walk - Gazebo
<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs052/1102018840722/img/35.jpg?a=11021
22195255>  1st Fridays Art Walk - Stimpson
<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs052/1102018840722/img/36.jpg?a=11021
22195255>

 Because it brings the entire community together!

Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk has provided our community with an inclusive,
culturally diverse celebration of the arts for over 5 years,  month after
consecutive month,  rain, snow, and shine.  The Iowa Department of Cultural
Affairs considers 1st Fridays Art Walk unique among Midwest arts festivals
because of our reliable frequency and the depth and breadth of our cultural
offerings to a wide spectrum of our population.  The Iowa Tourism Office
named us Tourism Event of the Year in 2005 - which was before the recent
record crowds we've enjoyed the last 3 years!

Please don't wait! We depend on you to create each 1st Fridays Art Walk.
Support our awarding winning, community supported and celebrated 1st Fridays
Art Walk by becoming a Member Today!

1st Fridays Art Walk is a community-supported, non-profit event
administrated almost entirely by volunteers and with the financial
assistance of culture-loving citizens such as yourself.   Although our
cultural resources are endless, our financial resources are still
developing.  We are asking everyone that enjoys 1st Fridays Art Walk to
become a member in order to sustain and grow our award-winning celebration
of all the arts.

Supporting Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk
Through Membership is as Easy as 1-2-3:

Please support 1st Fridays Art Walk today with a tax deductible donation of
your choosing:

1    Friends of 1st Fridays Art Walk - $25 Individual and $45 Family.  If
every person who attended 1st Fridays Art Walk became a member, our budget
would be fulfilled!  Become a member and receive our car window decal to
show your support!

2    Very Good Friends of 1st Fridays Art Walk - $100 to $499 annual
donation.  Receive our car window decal and our 100% cotton art walk t-shirt
emblazoned with an original John Preston oil painting.

3    Best Friends Forever of 1st Fridays Art Walk (or "BFF's"  - ask your
kids) - $500 and above annual donation. .  Receive our car window decal, our
100% cotton art walk t-shirt emblazoned with an original John Preston Oil
painting, and an annual pass to any of our auxiliary events which have a
$2-3 fee, and one workshop.  (Annual Pass is non-transferable except within
your immediate family, some events do not apply)

Supporting 1st Fridays Art Walk is an investment in building a more vibrant,
creative, and economically sound arts community for the enrichment and
enjoyment of all!

Please donate today! Make checks payable to:  1st Fridays Art Walk, and mail
to 1st Fridays Art Walk, P.O. Box 632, Fairfield, IA 52556.

All donations are Tax-Deductible

Frequently Asked Questions about 1st Fridays Art Walk's Fund Raising:

Q:  Art Walk has run without my donation for 5 years. What's different now?
A:  1st Fridays Art Walk has outgrown its ability to be 100% volunteer-run,
and now employs an Executive Director and a part time Administrative
Assistant.  They are the critically necessary "glue" that keeps the event
running smoothly, month after month, all year long.  They organize all the
Co-Partners who help create special, "enhanced" months of 1st Fridays Art
Walk, plus all the hundreds of volunteers who create each month's
activities.

Q:  Isn't Art Walk paid for by the city?
A:  No and Yes. Until now, AW has enjoyed much in kind support from the city
of Fairfield, but no actual funds.  Starting July 2008, the city has
budgeted $12,000 to help AW administrate the 12 Art Walks each year.  This
money comes from the Local Option Sales tax revenue, allotted for "Community
Betterment."  The $12,000 will cover 17% of the annual $100,000 AW budget.
The other 83% must be raised through other means.

Q:  Wow.  That seems like a lot of money.
A:  It may seem like a lot until you compare AW with other Iowa festivals of
much shorter duration than the twelve 2-day art walks we enjoy.  We are
expert at squeezing maximum value out of every dollar donated to us!

Other Iowa Festival Budgets:
Burlington Snake Alley Arts Festival - $25,000 for a one day event
Decorah Nordic Fest - $80,000 for a 2 day event
Pella Tulip Festival - $100,000 for a 3 day event
Mt. Pleasant Old Threshers Reunion - $1 Million for a 4 day event

Q:  How does AW plan to raise the other $88,000 in their obviously modest
budget?
A:  We have a very comprehensive fundraising plan which incorporates revenue
from grants, local corporate donations, event income, merchandise sales,
vendor fees, local government support, and MEMBERSHIP.  We welcome all
advice on fund raising to help us meet our goal!

Q:  If I have some ideas to help 1st Fridays Art Walk reach its financial
goals, to whom do I speak?
A:  Holly Moore, the President of the Board of Directors.  Her email is
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  She is happy
for any assistance.  Or phone us at 641-233-8883 (local number).

 Art Walk - Fire Breather
<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs052/1102018840722/img/28.jpg?a=11021
22195255>

Thank you for your continued support of
1st Fridays Art Walk!

Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk is a fusion of all types of art and
entertainment held the first Friday of every month of the year, rain, snow,
or shine.  Over 40 galleries and art and performance venues featuring over
500 artists, musicians, actors, writers, poets, dancers, and film makers are
free and open to the public the first Friday evening of every month.  Lots
of food, fun, and spontaneous acts of creativity.  Everything is located on
or around our historic town square, in the epicenter of our Iowa Cultural
District.  Special themes and children's activities each month.  Something
different every month.  Something fun for everyone.

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001U3Ij8MZQVUA7KtM2BVkuyJJAiWgnpbbWVpdAyljzyDBXIpiI
kG8tBTrBXiJQ5GWsqoqlmeJ3qlEip2D6iGasbGFW_q7HdxLzHH0yaQVeWsCsftJFenhv31YR5Lpe
lk77> www.FairfieldArtWalk.com  641-233-8883.

Holly Moore

President of the Board of Directors

Fairfield 1st Fridays Art Walk

 Fairfield Iowa Convention and Visitors Bureau
<http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs052/1102018840722/img/20.jpg?a=11021
22195255>

Rustin Lippincott

Executive Director

Fairfield Iowa Convention and Visitors Bureau

Share the Support with Your Friend
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1102018840722&ea=rick%40searchs
ummit.com&a=1102122195255>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0010opz9yIv187qacffw0Za8vIX4j9jk
-0IFQ-YEosKhDzAm5qbL814afkcBKdG2ZLK&p=un> Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], by
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0010opz9yIv187qacffw0Za8vIX4j9jk
-0IFQ-YEosKhDzAm5qbL814afkcBKdG2ZLK&p=oo>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=0010opz9yIv187qacffw0Za8vIX4j9jk
-0IFQ-YEosKhDzAm5qbL814afkcBKdG2ZLK&p=un> T | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_Promo_202> Email Marketing
by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_Promo_202>

Fairfield Iowa Convention & Visitors Bureau | 200 N. Main St. | Fairfield |
IA | 52556

<http://rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1102122195255.0.1102018840722.173&ts=S0343&o=http:/
/ui.constantcontact.com/images1/s.gif>

Checked by AVG.