> It is a fascinating video that everyone should try to see. I've
> shared it with over half a dozen people and the response has been
> that it's very inspiring and uplifting and actually seems to give a
> great sense of hope to those who watch it. This same topic, of
> lateral shifts in brain dominance, is also one of great interest to
> meditation researchers.
>
> On Jun 23, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Hugo wrote:
>

> > http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/25/fashion/25brain.html
> >

> > The video is well worth a look for her descrition of the
> > experience and how it affects her still. Fascinating stuff.
> >

> > http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

The thing though, is that the physiological correlation with TMers reporting
signs
of enlightenment (as defined by TM theory ala MMY) is that lateral dominance
in the brain becomes LESS, not greater, at least in the frontal lobes of the
brain.

Which leads ME to suspect that the "spiritual" experience she reports is NOT
the same as the "spiritual" experience reported by the long-term TMers
reporting
signs of enlightenment (as defined by TM).

Is this relevant?

Well, in the context of a TV show trying to draw parallels between brain
physiology
and spiritual experiences, it certainly MUST be.

Lawson