--Deepak Chopra  [actually, I think the world would have been a lot
better off if Jesus said that...; but anyway...take it away Deepak]:
"
Here we face the most difficult challenge of all. Our conception of
happiness has to move away from materialism. Every wise teacher has
declared that external comforts are unreliable and not to be trusted.
Christ didn't say "The Kingdom of God is within a four-bedroom
condo." He said it lies within us. In India, turning inward became a
powerful social force because people agreed that the inner path was
real and desirable. To back up this conviction, .most ancient people
looked around and saw disease, poverty, and violence in all
directions. The seductions of money and physical comfort weren't
present. Our situation now teeters on the rink of peril, too. We have
reached a crossroads that appears only once or twice a century. Two
roads aren't diverging in a yellow wood, however the divide exists in
consciousness. The world's wisdom traditions inform us which way to
go. Only time will tell if waking up was the way we chose. If so,
peril will turn into a creative opportunity. The other way surely
leads into more inertia, reactionary values, dead habit, and worst of
all, deeper and deeper sleep

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>