--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ingegerd"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For the last 20 years, TM-Teachers in Norway have had a lot of good
> ideas to develop the TMO in a good direction, to develop a healthy
> administration and organisation. The vision has been to increase
the
> number of initiations and groups of sidhas, work together in a
> democratic way in different projects. I think this has been
happening
> in other countries too. It has been useless, because the hierarchi
in
> the TMO is so rigid. It is almost impossible to come through with
new
> ideas, especial when it comes to administration and organisation.
> Questioning that, you were looked upon as you were a 6-year old
child
> or mental retarded. Everything is decided from the International
TMO,
> where MMY is on the top. We have blamed the National Leaders for
not
> doing their jobs for years, but they have only been acting by the
will
> of the International TMO and/or MMY.

Actually, it's a failure at many different levels... or is it?

If you assume that the only reason for the existance of the current
TM organization is to teach massive numbers of people as quickly
aspossible, you're correct. If you assume that the existence of the
TMO is to give people something to do until an infrastructure and a
core of "enlightened teachers" to go along with that infrastructure
is created, then maybe you're not correct.

As I said before, many years ago, Maharishi came up with the idea of
the Sidhi Parlement --a governing body for each local TM center
comprised of citizen sidhas and meditators,that would handle the
administrative side of running the TM center, while the TM teachers
would concentrate on teaching. It didn't work becuase many TM
teachers, at all levels, were control freaks who didn't want the loss
of power.

I personally had many ideas I thought were good and passed them up
the line to various people. Every now and then and idea would be
implemented immediately with good results. Other times, ideas were
ignored or implemented half-assed. Occassionally, I would get calls
from National asking for clarification about something, but for the
most part, the ideas were ignored.

Part of the problem is the TM teacher dynamic. MMY required all TM
teachers to be willing to give over all control to him regarding the
instruction of TM itself. Some TM teachers were able to maintain a
dual-personality --rigid adherence to the rules concerning
instruction, and flexability concerning everything else. Most TM
teachers were just rigid personalities period. In order to get
promoted within the TMorganization, you either had to be sucessful
outside the organization inthe first place and catch MMY's eye
directly, or were able to toe the party line well enough to fit into
the rigid power structure that grew around him because most people
couldn't be flexable in most things while being absolutely rigid in
one thing. Since "purity of the teaching" is and always has been
MMY's most important focus, he's been willing to tolerate less-than-
creative individuals because they're the ones most likely to follow
the "purity of the teaching" requirement, regardless.

> Now, when I am the outside the TMO, I can in some way look at what
> happened with me in the TMO from a distance. It was too much stress
and
> frustration and failed projects and I do not feel that was good for
my
> raise of consciousness. To be inside a rigid framework and not
allowed
> to use the creativity, felt like a great loss for me. And I think
that
> is one of the reasons that many TM-Teachers left the TMO, most of
them
> very disappointed, some of them with broken neck. The teaching part
is
> great - the knowledge is great - but the framework is wrong. In the
> early days MMY was emphasising the importance to use the
creativity. He
> used to compare it with the monotonous work in fabrics - which was
> hindrance for creativity. The TM-Teachers from the early days was
very
> devoted to the knowledge and MMY and they was very creative and the
> Movement blossomed. I do not know whose creativity is blossoming
now,
> because what is happening with malls and kings and rajas is far
behind
> my fantasy.

It's a response to Chopra, I think. Chopra would never have stood for
such a thing. Abu-Nader is quite competent, as far as I can tell, but
he will never be able to set up a splinter organization based on his
own personal popularity outside the TM organization the way CHopra
could.

> But my creativity is blossoming outside the TMO.I am more
fullfilled
> outside than inside the TMO.

What is the purpose of the TMO?