> If this split has happened as it was related to us, this is really,
> really huge.

Huge, schmuge.

This is just one more petty squabble among
people who lost their relevance to anything in
the real world decades ago. It's a bunch of
people who are legends only in their own minds
quibbling over who is the biggest legend.

NO ONE outside of those who still identify with
the TM movement GIVES A SHIT. They'll look at
this petty squabbling and shake their heads and
write off the squabblers the same way they did
when similar squabbling erupted among the Mukta-
ananda legends-in-their-own-minds and the Chogyam
Trungpa legends-in-their-own-minds and the Yoga-
nanda legends-in-their-own-minds and even the
SBS legends-in-their-own-minds.

It's ALWAYS the same petty squabbling. Doncha
GET it?

And, in every case, it always reveals the power-
lessness and pettiness of the "men behind the
curtain," the ones who believe that they are
legendary figures in some greater-than-life saga
unfolding around them.

These squabbles are ALWAYS based on the same thing:
self importance.

It doesn't matter whether the "measure" of self
importance is having one's hand on the purse strings,
or on having more "shakti" or "personal power" or
being "more enlightened" than the other legends-in-
their-own-minds. It doesn't matter who the wannabee
legends are or who the group is. It's always the
same soap opera, just with different actors playing
the roles.

WHO CARES? The TM movement died decades ago as far
as the world is concerned. There are probably not
more than 100 people on the planet who are not part
of it (or were part of it at one point in their lives)
who even know that this "huge" power struggle is
taking place, or who would give a shit if they did.
There is NOTHING about the TM movement that is of
interest to any of the other billions of people on
the planet, and it's looking as if there never will
be ever again.

The TM movement has all but abandoned teaching TM,
preferring to "preach to the choir" and get its money
from the "already converted." They display a poverty
of imagination that staggers the mind -- with billions
of dollars and an international organization at their
disposal, the best idea they can come up with to help
the world is to...uh...erect big penises with the
words "Maharishi Tower Of Invincibility" written on
them. How self important and pathetic is THAT?

The TM movement is OVER, toast. It's pushin' up daisies.
It's bleedin' demised. IT IS AN EX MOVEMENT. The
only reason it still appears to be on its perch is that
it's been nailed there as a result of the paralyzing
hubris of its own mythical self importance.

This isn't "huge." It's just the petty, embarrassing
public rotting of the already-dead corpse of a minor
spiritual movement that won't even be remembered in
20 years. Get over it.