> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"

> > > But sometimes it *did* come from MMY. *Directly*
> > > from him.
> > >
> > > On my TTC we had whole lectures on how we were
> > > NEVER to be seen attending any talks by other
> > > spiritual teachers, or reading their books. The
> > > rap (or "wrap"...an attempt to program or control)
> > > went, "If one of my teachers is seen at someone
> > > else's centers or lectures, that implies that my
> > > teachers feel that they have something to *learn*
> > > from this person, something they cannot get "at
> > > home" in the TM organization. It implies that TM
> > > is not the "highest path."
> > >
> > > Well, it isn't. It's just another path.
> > >
> > > That Maharishi didn't want any of his students
> > > to know this is the issue, and always was. The
> > > people putting up that sign weren't working on
> > > their own; they were doing what they had been
> > > taught to do.
> >
> > But that's a TM teacher instruction, which is a separate issue
> > from the thing about Sidhas at Fairfield visiting other gurus.
>
> You're being an apologist again, Lawson.

Oh bull.

> The point is that this "instruction" is
> inappropriate in ANY context, when said
> BY anyone, when said TO anyone.

Bull again.

> Neither Maharishi nor any of his toadies
> have or have ever had the right to make
> such demands on ANYONE, be they TM teacher,
> "Citizen Siddha," or Bozo the Clown.

Thrice bullshit. The rationale was given explicitly and anyone
who disagreed with it quite literaly had no business being
a TM teacher because they were claiming quite clearly that
they were certain that TM was "the hghest path" and if they
didn't agree with what they were saying, they had no  business
saying it. MMY was simply establishing how to "walk the walk"
in the public eye.

> *Telling* someone who they can see and who
> they can't is the issue. *Submitting* to
> someone who is telling you who you can see
> and who you can't is the issue. The fact
> that you CAN make excuses for someone
> (ANYONE) telling another human being who
> they can see and who they can't is the
> issue.

In the context of being a TM teacher? Not at all.
If they didn't want to play the game, they could
hang up the shingle and do whatever they wantedm
in public or not.

> Forget about "spirituality" or "higher
> evolution" or "advanced states of conscious-
> ness" or any of that Woo Woo shit. Being
> able to excuse such behavior on the part of
> jealous tyrants indicates an almost complete
> lack of character and integrity in my book.

Your projection reminds me of John McCain's calling
Barack Obama racist for mocking McCain's own use
of Obama's picture on a $100 dollar bill.

Fact is, MMY set up specific guidelines for the public behavior of TM
teachers who wanted to be TM teachers in good standing with
the organization. If they didn't like the guidelines, they didn't
have to participate in being a TM teacher.

Lawson