Of course,you have no idea what experiences Bevan or anyone else "in
charge" of the TMO has had or not-had because, being good Maharishi-
ites, they don't discuss them in public without MMY's authorization.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter Sutphen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my early days in the TMO from '72 to '78 there always was some
structured activity for people to share and talk about their
experiences. This was not discouraged in the least. But starting with
the big Amherst course in '79 this pretty much stopped. It does seem
rather ironic that a spiritual movement who's primary goal is
enlightenment does not encourage its members to talk about their
experiences regarding this goal. I've always seen this as a political
decision. I believe Bevan et al wanted to hold on to the interpretive
power or the sanctioned narrative of enlightenment. This then assured
them of the "purity of the teaching" and sole control over the
meaning of enlightenment. God forbid there could be people out there
in the TMO in higher states of consciousness who disagreed with MMY
or the TMO. These people had to be marginalized. And they were by not
allowing personal talk of enlightenment. Enlightenment was only
discussed as an inspiration to continue with some program or
>  to adhere to some organizational rule. So now the TMO discourse of
enlightenment is filled with meaningless buzz words used to control
rather than to deepen understanding. This seems to happen to all
spiritual organizations when those in power have no experiences that
gave rise to the spiritual movement in the first place. Then the
picture frame becomes more important than the picture.