--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it true that *used* Toyota Corollas and Honda...hmmm...Civics
> are nowadays "hot" in the U.S?

I don't know about the U.S., but they certainly
are in Europe. My best friend's Toyota Corolla,
bought three years ago for 1500 Euros, is now
worth twice that. Same with my old Peugeot 306,
because it's not only reliable, it's diesel. It
could be converted to run on vegetable oil if
the shit really hits the fan.

Compare and contrast to buying a new car and
having it lose a third to a half of its value
as you drive it out the door.

The world's starting to favor those of us who
got off the Keeping Up With The Joneses Gotta
Drive A New Car carousel. :-)