Richard J. Williams wrote:
> feste wrote:
>
>> The Communist Party in the US is not illegal.
>>

> The US government outlawed the CPUSA with the
> Communist Control Act in 1954.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA
"The Supreme Court of the United States has not ruled on the act's
constitutionality, and civil libertarians remain divided on the issues
of the constitutionality and wisdom of the act. No administration has
tried to enforce it."

Again: "No administration has tried to enforce it."

http://www.answers.com/topic/communist-control-act-of-1954

I kinda thought the Wikipedia entry was a little truncated.  I've talked
to members of the Communist Party at peace marches and I think you have
little to fear from them Willy.  BTW, Gus Hall was an occasional guest
on the TV show I worked on in the 1970s.  Kind of a wacky guy, a little
like you in fact.  :D :D :D :D :D