--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is interesting to note, that many people who are attracted
to "spiritual power" in this lifetime, were in recent past life-
times associated with power/structure groups.
> Superior(a pun)among them in the recent past was of course Nazi
Germany.
> This would explain why people with such recent memories of past
quest's for power,
> would be especially sensitive to "same types of feelings and
archetypes in the present. This would include the tactics of the
Bush administration, as well as other organizational themes...
> So, when you see people concerned with power, and the abuse of
power, and propaganda, and glorification of sheep/like obediance,
and so on..
> one way to explain strong reactions and knowledge of these areas...

That's interesting - I've wondered about that too. Not just about
Nazis though - I think it's a perennial theme. If you hold Love at
the 12 o'clock position (in highest awareness) then its opposite,
Power, will be at the 6 o'clock position (in the unconscious half of
awareness). Whilst unconscious it will knock around causing trouble,
until brought into consciousness and integrated. That's why in
voluntary organisations/charities/educationsl/spiritual settings you
so often get tremendous power battles -  because Love (doing good,
the wellbeing of others etc) - is at the top. You see more bad
behaviour of people towards each other than you do in organisations
where power is recognised and dealt with. Think of people who have
gone into spiritual settings in order to just focus on that one
aspect in their lives - and met power problems there (for instance
an overbearing Mother Superior). It seems we can't get away from it.

One example - Tony Blair sets himself up as an "honest kind of guy"
(whilst you cringe at the mad 12th C crusader gleam in his eye) -
and then gets hit  by a "conman" scandal.

Jung said: "it is not our business to create figures of light, but
to make the darkness conscious. The latter however is more
difficult, and therefore not popular".  I think people will always
try and move towards being figures of light - with resulting dangers
of inflation and all manner of things. The Roman emperors used to
have someone at their side reminding them that they were only human.