--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@>
> > wrote:
<snip>
> > > --I personally think it's an overblown non-issue
> > > characteristic of what Fox News does, and which deeply
> > > disappointed Hillary supporters are emotionally
> > > exaggerating to the disservice of the Democratic Party
> > > and the Democratic presidential campaign.
> >
> > Actually, they're people who deeply distrust Obama--
> > his abilities, his commitment to progressive causes,
> > and his integrity. They wouldn't have had problems
> > with any of the other candidates. They think (and I
> > agree) that he's a disastrous choice.
>
> Surely people can think and choose whatever they wish. I just
> think that the over zealous, obsessive hostility toward Obama
> is unwarranted

Just out of curiosity, do you feel the same way
about the overzealous, obsessive hostility of Obama's
supporters toward Hillary and her suppporters?

What has the Obama campaign done to reach out to
Hillary's supporters? All his pretty talk about
"unity" looks like a bad joke; he actually seems to
think he doesn't *need* Hillary's supporters to get
elected.(*)

> and that any shortcomings of Obama are far overshadowed by
> the horrific possibility of a John McBush  perpetuation of
> a Cheney administration - this time with a hotheaded, trigger
> happy senior warmonger showing signs of dementia,

I go back and forth on that question; I'm genuinely
not sure which would be worse. I think Obama's
judgment is so bad that he could make mistakes that
would be just as catastrophic as any McCain would
make.

It's important to realize, however, that many who
oppose Obama (including moi) are more disgusted with
the Democratic Party leadership than they are with
Obama and think the country would be far better off
in the long run if the party were soundly defeated
in November and had to be rebuilt from the ground up.

We think "post-partisanship" is a dangerous myth that
promises more of the same disgraceful capitulation
to the worst elements of the Republican Party that
we've seen since the Dems took over Congress in 2006.
So far, Obama has been showing the same cowardly
tendencies.

We need *more* partisanship, not less. We need party
leaders who are willing to stand up to the
Republicans and fight for progressive goals. That
just ain't gonna happen with Obama in the White House.

-----

* FWIW, this is second-hand, but apparently Susan
Estrich, who ran Michael Dukakis's campaign, said
on Fox that right after the convention, Dukakis's
people got together with Jesse Jackson's people,
told them up front that Jackson wasn't going to be
Dukakis's pick for VP, then asked what the Dukakis
campaign could do to show Jackson full respect and
reach out to his very considerable number of
supporters.

The person who reported this said Estrich seemed
"stunned" that the Obama campaign hadn't done the
same with Hillary.