> Speaking of "old bats" remember the Kathy Bates character in "At
Play in
> the Fields of the Lord?" Especially the ending where flips
> out and dances around nude in front of the natives? :D

The only nude character I can remember from that
movie was Daryl Hannah. If Kathy Bates danced
around nekkid in it, I have blessedly erased
the image from my memory.

But another of her characters definitely makes
it to the Old Bat Hall Of Fame, Annie Wilkes in
the movie of Stephen King's "Misery." Now *that*
is one scary old bat. She almost appears at first
to be rational, and then when you realize that
she isn't, she feels like a harmless eccentric.
But then wham!, she snaps, and you realize that
you're dealing not only with total insanity, but
with *dangerous* total insanity.

When I try to imagine what the Hillary supporters
who will be trying to wreak their revenge on Obama
at the convention look like, the image that pops
to mind is an army of Annie Wilkes types, screaming
"Cockadoodie!" and "Obama is just another lying ol'
dirty birdy" at the top of their lungs.  :-)