I just did a check on Sara Palin on the internet, wikipedia has a biography on
the governor one interesting thing is that she eloped with her husband when she
was 24 because she was pregnant.   She too practiced unprotected sex before she
was married.

Family
"Bristol Palin" and "Levi Johnston" redirect here.

Palin family members at the announcement of Palin's vice presidential
selection, August 29, 2008. From left: Todd, Piper, Willow, Bristol,
and Trig.

Palin eloped with her high-school boyfriend, Todd Palin, on August 29, 1988,
when she was 24 years old.[6]
According to her mother, the reason was simple: "It was a shock but she
did it because she knew we couldn’t afford a big white wedding."[139] Their
first son, Track, was born eight months after their wedding.[140] Todd works
for BP as an oil-field production operator[141] and owns a commercial fishing
business.[26] He is a champion snowmobiler, who has won the 2,000-mile
(3,200 km) "Iron Dog" race four times.[6] The family lives in Wasilla.