In Sitges, Dharma is served in a tall wide glass,
rimmed with pink and white sugar sprinkles. Accord-
ing to the cocktails menu, it contains Tequila Silver,
Grenadine, and orange juice. And hey...Dharma is yummy.

The Budda Bar is a new bar in Sitges. It's on the main
drag looking out at the beach, and like its neighbor
down the street, Nirvana, it's got a cool name. That's
a good thing in a bar when you're looking for one to
sit in and write for a while. And unlike Nirvana, this
bar is not filled with Yuppies. It's got an interesting
clientele, even after having been open only a week.

And the cocktails menu is way cool, too, if I wind up
sitting here and doing a lot of writing this Fall. I
get to choose from drinks called Nirvana, Karma, OMM,
Blue Monk, Zen, Mantra, Angkor Wat, Ayutthaya, Shiva,
Dharma, Lotos (Lotus), and Mandara. Cool. And such a
deal. For six Euros (cheap for a beachfront bar), I
can get a big, tall drink that lasts almost exactly
as long as the battery in my laptop does.

Would there be a bar like this, with this bar's name
and the names of its drinks, if Maharishi hadn't made
meditation a household word? It's a good question,
one that we will never know the answer to, because he
*did* make meditation a household word. And I, for
one, thank him for doing so.

Although I had done some meditation before I met him,
both during my Better Living Through Chemistry period
and after it, I never really approached meditation as
a regular practice until I met him. In a very real way,
he introduced me in this life to the flow of Dharma
and the joy of surfing that flow, and that's cool.
So I raise my glass, this fine perfect-temperature
afternoon in Sitges, and toast his memory with a glass
that is still full, 41 years later, of Dharma. Good
move, dude.

And here's another toast to my new "Click Next the
instant I see a BPD poster's name in the From line
of a post" resolution. I've been keeping track of the
number of times I clicked Next without reading a word
of the post, and so far today this resolution has
enabled me to avoid a total of 30 time-wasting and
energy-wasting screeds by four compulsive idiots
spoiling for a fight and trying their best to start
one, just so they'll feel alive. I guess that's a
kind of Dharma, too, but I'm tellin' ya...I prefer
the variety they serve at the Budda Bar.

With any luck, and at this rate, the four of them
will be gone by Monday, and the rest of the "posting
week" at Fairfield Life will be as much of a party
environment as the town of Sitges is this weekend.
The rest of us will have fun and actually have a few
pleasant conversations, while the BPD compulsives
are off in some dark funk feeling persecuted because
they can't fantasize about persecuting us any more.
If they go *really* insane and "post out" while I'm
still sitting here with this drink (which everyone but
them knows is a distinct possibility), maybe I'll even
order a second drink. But I'll make this one a Nirvana
to celebrate, because celebration will feel appropriate.