On Sep 29, 2008, at 11:38 AM, ruthsimplicity wrote:

 The actual establishment of witness-
consciousness actually has some quite remarkable attributes

Vaj, can you describe some of those attributes?

Control over waking, sleeping and dreaming--a very easy thing to determine. Decreased need for sleep--most realizers I've hung with always slept around four hours or so and looked a lot better than me in the morning :-); again, very easy to determine. Complete awareness during sleep--also, very easy to determine as the "sleeper" can give details of what transpired in his/her vicinity. Interestingly this last one was used in a study design at MIU for a person MMY believed was in "CC", being familiar with this basic criterion. He was/is a member of this list and it turns out he wasn't in CC at all but instead had central sleep apnea and was thus just being used to foster a false claim for promotion purposes. I first read about it years ago in the Brain/Mind Bulletin as MIU was really touting the claim. As with many of the traditional claims (dramatically lowered metabolic rate, etc.) as soon as they're found independently to be false claims, they move onto some other scheme.

Of course the biggie is to be able to go into introverted samadhi for the desired length of time (hours, days).