--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Perhaps we are close to the Second Coming, the Rapture, the
sustained
> appearance of Maitreya, the Islamic Mahdi (Muslims believe the Mahdi
> will rid the world of error, injustice and tyranny alongside
Jesus.),
> the Jewish Messiah, sustained flying, Peace on Earth .. .

Indeed !

Who is Maitreya?

He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions.
Christians know him as the Christ, and expect his imminent return.
Jews await him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna;
Buddhists expect him as Maitreya Buddha; and Muslims anticipate the
Imam Mahdi or Messiah.

Although the names are different, many believe that they all refer to
the same individual: the World Teacher, whose personal name is
Maitreya (pronounced my-tray-ah).
Preferring to be known simply as the Teacher, Maitreya has not come
as a religious leader, or to found a new religion, but as a teacher
and guide for people of every religion and those of no religion.

At this time of great political, economic and social crisis Maitreya
will inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and create a
civilization based on sharing, economic and social justice, and
global cooperation.

He will launch a call to action to save the millions of people who
starve to death every year in a world of plenty. Among Maitreya's
recommendations will be a shift in social priorities so that adequate
food, housing, clothing, education, and medical care become universal
rights.

Under Maitreya's inspiration, humanity itself will make the required
changes and create a saner and more just world for all.

http://shareintl.org/magazine/SI_current.htm