--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Horsfield"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The bailout bill failed today. This is very positive that caution is
> prevailing over interfering. I don't like fear based manipulation in
> politics. Those that say the sky will fall in unless we empower our
> government to hold it up.
>
> The best summary I saw was Ron Paul saying we need oversight of the
> Federal Reserve which caused the problem by reducing interest rates.
> Natural law is not fear based. See Paul's speech today at:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBVB1Uc0nko&e

I'm going to agree here even though I think
that "Natural law" is a crock of horseshit.

The flow of life -- call it Tao or dharma or
just life -- is definitely NOT fear-based.
Except for those who respond better to fear
than they do positivity, that is.

Isn't it fascinating that the person on this
forum who most likes to characterize herself
as "rational" and with her feet placed firmly
on the ground was the one who was most moti-
vated by FEAR when pontificating about this
"financial crisis." As always, she looked out
at the world through the rose-colored glasses
of her own confirmation bias, and chose to
consider "experts" only the people who pandered
to her personal fear of not being able to pay
her rent the most.

And those fears might be realized; the world
really might go to hell in a handbasket. Or
not. Only time will tell. She certainly will
not, and cannot. The only thing she and others
like her who buy into FEAR as their motivating
factor and then view the world through that
FEAR are is "pundits for FEAR," not pundits
for anything approaching knowledge.

Very few on this forum have IMO reacted with
some equanimity and balance to all of this
orgy of manufactured fear and manufactured
outrage. When it comes to anyone having so-
called "credibility" in the future with regard
to their insights and their predictions, I
think it would be good to rememeber them and
not the ones who responded to the first "The
sky is falling" speech they saw by running
around like Chicken Little.