Here's an article I found fascinating, given the
"focusing on the details" vs. "seeing the big
picture" discussions that have come up recently.

It appears that artificially *increasing* the
ability to focus on the small shit and avoid the
big picture might have some benefits in terms of
triggering savant-like skills. What I wonder is,
at what cost? If such a "thinking cap" could
enable you to increase your math skills, but at
the cost of being able to see the "big picture,"
would you wear it?

For example, one of the things reported in the
article is that subjects, after wearing the cap,
were able to spot mistakes in text that they had
missed the previous day. Cool, if you're an editor,
I guess, but do these subjects retain the ability
to know what the book they found errors in is
really about? Can they still *see* the "big picture"
of it?

The 'thinking cap' that could unlock your inner genius
and boost creativity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1064431/The-thinking-cap-unlock-inner-genius-boost-creativity.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/5xct83