> Ok, this is going to seem weird, one of the Off The
> Program guys on FFL going out of his way to cheer up
> the On The Program true-blue TM types, and help them
> remember what's important and what's not, but hey...
> shit happens.

Respectfully Mr. TurquoiseB, if doom and gloom are not important to
you, why are you focused on it to the point of reminding others what
to do with it, how to deal with it, etc.?

It would seem to me that someone with a balanced view would not be
bothered by the contrast between a good meditation and what he or
she finds in the world.

It appears as if you are using the mask of compassion and/or
teaching others to satisfy your own feelings in this regard; i.e.
that focusing on the happy stuff is important, and focusing on doom
and gloom is not desirable.

I am not questioning your motive to perhaps make others feel better,
though your intention seems more aimed at your own well being (to
resolve the contrast between your meditation and what you find in
the world) than that of others.