Maharishi just wanted to get as much money as possible. Why is beyond me. He'd
say anything to separate someone or some institution from its money. All this
below shows such a poor understanding of financial institutions.

--- On Tue, 9/30/08, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] What Maharishi said about banks
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 11:03 AM

Comments from a wealthy friend
of mine:

It's interesting reading this
below how Maharishi was the one who was more tight with money than anyone I've
ever known.  I never saw him giving anything to anyone, except maybe Tony
Nader where he made that public display of giving his weight in gold, but that
was
no doubt donated at his request.  He was only asking for more money all
time even though he controlled probably more than a billion, yet he upbraids
others for lack of generosity and compassion.  What he writes below
displays a lack of understanding for bankers, who are just business people,
like any other kind of business.  If bankers are to give away their
profits, then why not businesses of all types, which certainly is a good idea
to give to charity and help others, which he never did on any material level.
His fantasy about all the world's probem's being solved in "the Age of
Enlightenment" or Sat yuga, which he spoke of since we were kids and
for which he claims credit, along with Guru Dev, continues to be shown to be
just that, a fantasy.  It's surprising with such a brilliant mind and such
wisdom of the Vedas he had these unusual quirks.

In June 2007, Maharishi made some comments about banks, along
with his poverty removal program...

On 19 June, during the Conference on Removal of Poverty broadcast live by
satellite and the Internet from the Financial Capital of New York, Maharishi
gave a strong message to the banks and financial institutions of the world.

Maharishi: 'All good things in nature happen naturally. The sun
rises naturally, and the darkness of the night disappears naturally. The people
of the world do not have to make an effort for the sun to rise, but the dawn
every morning is a natural phenomenon. Disappearance of the darkness of the
night is a natural phenomenon.

'In the same way, I am inviting the world to witness the removal
of poverty in the world—a natural phenomenon. Poverty removal in the world is
going to be a natural phenomenon. We have that miraculous turn-key operation
from Guru Dev, where everything good is going to be a natural phenomenon.
Poverty removal is going to be a natural phenomenon.

'And at this time, if I am asked to speak about it, I can only
challenge those who are flowering in wealth. That poverty is not going to be
removed by their wealth. I have been talking to some banks and some
institutions of financing. They bring out a hundred reasons that they cannot
support the [poverty removal] projects because of "risk, risk, risk,
risk".

'The economy of the world is full of risk element. All the big
banks, who are publicized to be the top banks in the world, have billions,
trillions every year in their income. Some other bank is number two, other bank
number three, other bank number four. When we talk to the banks about poverty
removal, they say, "God forbid! We can only spend our money where money
is." This is a very shameful aspect of the world economy.

'World economy seen in its proper perspective is a shame to
human existence, to human endeavour, to human creativity, to the presence of
God on earth. All these big banks, very big banks, they can spend only when
they see the profit in advance. This is not the area which is going to create
freedom from poverty. I am fond of that level which is nothingness, and that I
am going to inspire to eliminate poverty in the world.

'In just a matter of a few weeks, a few months, not many years,
the world will have freedom from poverty. Dr Hagelin has been emphasizing and
has been putting forward the argument that wealth is really the basis of life.
Life is bliss. Bliss is fullness, lack of scarcity, good health, good wealth,
good wisdom.

'I am inviting this world to witness the reality that is being
offered to the world by the great speakers of the Movement. John Hagelin is a
champion of that wisdom of the Unified Field. With the onset of the Unified
Field, what is going to suffer is the existence of diversity where one has so
much wealth and one has no wealth. These are the big differences which are
going to be completely eliminated. No one would know how the world was when the
differences were predominant. With the dawn, with the first ray of the rising
sun, people forget about the darkness of the night. That time has come.

'My programme is to create affluence in the world, that
affluence which will not be timid affluence, which will not be afraid. In
today's banking systems, there are very wise people, but they are a shame to
the world. Today's world economy is a shame to economy. If the world press is
listening to me, they should publicize point-blank that I declare the world
economy
today to be cruel—to be cruel for others and to be cruel to itself.

'They have rejoiced for hundreds of years, taxing the people,
and they will invest only where they see the profit in advance. Civilization is
completely lost in the field of difference. Now the time is changing. The time
is changing to what it should be in human existence. Human existence is a time
of bliss.

'I want to address religions that have grown in the world.
Religion, the path to God-realization, has come out with the problem: life is
suffering. The time of those religions to plead that life is suffering is
over—it is over. It does not matter what the population is following
blankly—this religion or that religion which pleads for suffering. Life is not
suffering.

'When you walk towards the light, darkness doesn't increase.
When you are on the path of God-realization, that path will not bring you
suffering. And, if the path to God-realization brings suffering, it is not the
path of God-realization; it is not a religion. I have never spoken so flatly to
the world about the religion which pleads for suffering.

'The whole intelligence of mankind is driven by the principles
of diversity—divergent. And very wise people are sitting in the first bank in
the world, second bank in the world, third bank in the world, saying, "I
am one of the ten top banks in the world"—very proud, but deplorable. It
is a shame to all the big banks in the world that so much suffering is
prevailing in the world.

'How I am going to remove the suffering? Not by bringing money,
but bringing life. I am inspiring life. I am having a few hundred people or a
few thousand people, according to the population, practise consciousness. And
that consciousness will produce integrated national consciousness. Integrated
national consciousness, the light of life, the light of God, will take away all
the values which create fear.

'Religious priests have been enjoying the respect of the society
because they think of God. They are the messengers of God. And what they teach
is suffering, "You must suffer, because your God, whose-ever God, also has
suffered for you"—such stupid arguments. Life is bliss.

'Now a few hundred people will create an integrated quality of
national consciousness, where everyone in the nation will be blessed by
positivity. What will be eaten up by nature is negativity, ignorance, fighting.
All that is going to be a history of the past, very soon, in a few weeks, a few
months, hardly a year. The times are changing.

'I am not criticizing anyone. I am telling the people that the
world has been lived by the individual on a wrong level of knowledge, very
wrong knowledge, heart-rendering knowledge. And therefore, it is the time now
that the night is ending. The dawn is dawning.

'The university of Dr Hagelin, I am told, is starting to raise a
monument of invincibility. The first Tower of Invincibility is being raised in
MIU where the Assembly is going on, and the teachings of Dr Hagelin are giving
the experience of that freedom that belongs to nature of life—the Unified Field
dawning.

'In the Vedic Literature, this was the whisper of all times:
life is bliss, and That Thou art, and That I am, and That all this is
"Sarvam Khalv Idam Brahm"—all those very beautiful exalted
expressions about life, the eternal voice of time, the Will of God.

'It is very good, Dr Hagelin, you have come out with the words
of the modern language [of science]. It is very beautiful. Go ahead and keep on
telling them the logic. They may not understand you, but very soon these groups
of invincibility are growing in the world. With the Prime Minister of the
Global Country of World Peace, the Finance Minister of the Global Country of
World Peace, and the Science and Technology Minister of the Global Country of
World Peace, the Global Country of the World Peace is a unified country of all
the diversified countries.

'The world is going to be a uni-verse. And that will be governed
by the Will of God. It will not be the God that favours suffering. I am
challenging the heads of all those useless religions today; that I am doing
after fifty years. I have never criticized any religion, because at least they
have the name of God. I have heard some remarks of some people who, in the name
of God, are becoming popular or something.

'So, the time of the dawn is rising. It is just a matter of a
few weeks, a few months. We gather some people in every country. Organizations
are being built to raise the national consciousness of every country to be
tempered, I would say, in the light of invincibility. [This] may be out of
concept of the so-called suffering people, but there is going to be the rise of
the sun, and with the sunrise, the first ray eliminates the darkness of the
night and does not want anyone to remain in the darkness anymore.

'If the Prime Minister [of the Global Country of World Peace, Dr
Bevan Morris] would allow time, I would like to hear the song that is sung
about some realistic vision of the world—Heaven descending on Earth. This is
the time that is described in this song by those who can see what is worthwhile
seeing. Darkness going, nobody sees. Light coming, everyone sees. So, the time
is coming. A few people—it is all in our hands. And it is rising day by day,
day by day, day by day.

'Dr Morris will explain. And our Finance Minister of Maharaja
Raja Raam's treasury will reflect on how poverty is going to disappear in the
same way as with the dawn, the darkness of the night disappears. There is
nothing much to say. I have been saying it all these fifty years. Now is the
time to be quiet and see what I have been saying. The world has to see now—see,
see.

'And the Prime Minister of Maharaja Raja Raam will be able to
picture what I have actually meant with these few little words. All glory to
Guru Dev, and we will hear from the Finance Minister. The time is different
now. Yesterday is over. Today is full of light. Jai Guru Dev. All Glory to Guru
Dev.

'I invite the world to see. Jai Guru Dev.'