--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "shempmcgurk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> BIDEN SECRET SERVICE CODE NAME: 'ASSASSINATION INSURANCE'
> October 1, 2008
> anncoulter.com
>

> While Gov. Sarah Palin is being grilled on her position on mark-to-
> market accounting rules, the press can't bother to ask Joe Biden if
> he could give us a ballpark estimate on when Franklin D. Roosevelt
> was president -- or maybe take a stab at guessing the decade when
> televisions were first available to the public.
>
> Being interviewed by Katie Couric on the "CBS Evening News," Biden
> said: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on
> the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes
> of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"
>
> For those of you who aren't hard-core history buffs, Biden not only
> named the wrong president during the 1929 stock market crash, he also
> claimed a president who wasn't president during the stock market
> crash went on TV before Americans had TVs.

I was talking to a friend today about debates and I mentioned the gaffe
of Biden saying FDR on TV in 1929 (yes I was defending media treatment
of Palin Shemp, as I often do --- up to a point.)

My friend pointed out that FD Roosevelt was Governer of New York in
1929, and I found out that New York city did have regular TV
broadcasting from 1928 on, and it is HIGHLY LIKELY that in the city
where the stock exchange crashed that the Governere would go on radio
and TV to make speeches about it.

Sounds like Coulter is talking through her ass again, and Shemp is
swallowing it hook line a sinker.

Looks like Biden was right.

OffWorld