On Oct 6, 2008, at 11:46 AM, shempmcgurk wrote:

But if you're referring to my stance on catastrophic man-made global
warming, I can't be accused of it being a "kooky belief" because I'm
not the one with the "belief": the Al Gore's of the world are!

The ones with the kooky beliefs are the ones who fall for the dis- and mis-information campaign, largely lead by oil and coal interests, although often on the sly. Your confusion, along with many Right Wingers, is that this knee-jerk reaction by Big Oil et al. is real science. As a geology student we knew about greenhouse gas accumulation BACK IN THE 70's. What most people who have only been following this for the last decade or less do not realize is that Big Oil, et al. have been doing this seeding the ground with disinformation since long before manmade climate change became a front page or even "newsworthy" topic. They're no dumbies when it comes to looking after their own self-interest Shemp.

Don't be so damn naive!