--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > how is the state of attention described, as the one to adopt while
> > remaining conscious through the Bardo and onto rebirth? i am just
> > curious how specific it gets, and which attributes are mentioned.
>
> I studied Phowa for only about a year, and so
> I have to go on record as being too much a novice
> to comment authoritatively. Vaj or others here
> may feel confident to reply more fully.
>
> > I can think and feel the death experience as one of complete
> > disolution, in which relative manifestation, any hint of a
> > personal identity, is absent, infinite.
>
> I suspect that this could be -- although not
> necessarily would be -- the experience of
> someone who died while completely enlightened.
> But Tibetan tradition still holds such indi-
> viduals as being able to decide whether to
> reincarnate or not, even after enlightenment.
> Maharishi did not share their view.
>
> > I find myself, though, in spite of my acceptance of my complete
> > dissolution at death, with the desire anyway to continue exploring
> > relative existence after death. its just more fun, right? as
> > satisfying as the experience of pure nothingness, pure calm is,
> > there's more to do in "the relative", just as we do on this planet;
> > learn and become, and just have a blast. so I would prefer having
> > another vehicle to continue to enjoy relative existence after
> > death, though I will be happy either way.:)
>
> My feelings exactly. Bring them new incarnations on.
> Or not. Whatever.

I liked Garrison Keiler's story about throwing the stick for the dog and
comparing it to life and reincarntating. God throws the stick and no
matter how many times he does it and how tired the dog gets, he just
LOVES to chase that stick.
I wish I could find the audio of it, it is a fantastic way that Kieler
puts it in his paradoxicallly warm/melancholic voice (incedentally, some
think Kieler is a reincarnation of Mark Twain ! :-)

OffWorld