--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "It turns out that McCain is treading on tricky ground when he cites
> > the Khalidi case as an example of Obama consorting with terrorist
> > sympathizers. The Obama campaign was quick to point out that an
> > organization co-founded by Khalidi has received large sums of grant
> > money from the International Republican Institute, chaired by McCain
> > since 1993. One such grant was for $448,873 in 1998 to assist the
> > Center for Palestine Research and Studies in its work in the West
Bank.

"Yesterday, readers of our blog were witness to the birth of viral meme.

An 0bama troll dropped by our post on the LA Times video suppression,
and informed us that the Obama-Khalidi association really wasn't any
big deal. Otherwise, why would John McCain have given over $400,000 to a
Palestinian group that Khalidi worked with?

I googled his cut-and-paste comment and discovered that the exact same
phrase had been already been posted to the internet over 500 times."

That same verbatim phrase now has been posted over 18,000 times!
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Ae\
n-US%3Aofficial&q=During+the+1990s%2C+while+he+served+as+chairman+of+the\
+International+Republican+Institute+%28IRI%29%2C+McCain+distributed+seve\
ral+grants+to+the+Palestinian+research+center+co-founded+by+Khalidi%2C++\
&btnG=Search>
McCain gave money to Khalidi? The truth behind the meme
<http://nukegingrich.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/mccain-gave-money-to-khali\
di-the-truth-behind-the-meme/>        Posted on October 30, 2008 by nuke
Obviously the O-bots think it's working.

The problem is, it is only a distraction, designed to produce an
illusion.

Aaron Klein, writing at WND, shines the light of truth
<http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=79441>  on the 0bama cover story.

It's true that McCain distributed several grants, including one
worth about half a million dollars, to the Center for Palestine Research
and Studies, or CPRS, a West Bank organization associated with Khalidi.

What the 0-bots fail to mention is that CPRS is pro-Western and can be
characterized as pro-Israel.

Its work has been condemned by the Palestinian leadership and by local
terror groups as "Zionist propaganda."

In contrast, the Khalidi organization Obama helped fund as a board
member for a nonprofit, alongside domestic terrorist William Ayers, has
taken a flagrantly anti-Israel line. Khalidi's Arab American Action
Network has hosted scores of Israel-bashing events, including at least
one reportedly attended by Obama.

The Obama-Khalidi connection is one more straw. Is it the one that
finally breaks the donkey's back?

Free The Tape!!!
<http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/30/protest-at-the-la-times/>