--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:
<snip>
> I would have thought by now the mega drink corporations
> would be offering just straight sugar non corn syrup
> versions.

You are aware that using high-fructose corn
syrup is a relatively recent "innovation," as
of 1985, right? The corn syrup, of course, is
vastly cheaper than cane sugar, so they'd be
very unlikely to switch back unless corn syrup
is conclusively proven to be harmful.

> Doing a search I believe it was Coca-Cola that
> was going attempt that but it is not on the shelves

You may be thinking of what they do every
spring, which is to sell a limited amount of
Coke using cane sugar for two or three weeks
before Passover (Jewish law forbids the
consumption of anything grain-based during
the eight days of the holiday). It sells out
quickly, however, so you have to grab it
right away.

For more, including how to recognize the
kosher Coke products:

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/kosher-for-
passover-coke-its-the-real-thing-baby/

http://tinyurl.com/yp9sqv