> Of course, he is.

You are mixing up logical levels here.  Religiously they are
Christian, and culturally they are Jewish.

> Islam, as it was pointed out in a post here (by raunchydog?), is
> defined patrilinearly.

By Muslims.  Not by people with a father who happened to be born in
that part of the world who now chooses to be Christian.  Saying that a
person can be a religion against their own will is absurd.

> And, like Judaism, you don't have to have much, if any, belief in
> Islam and its tenets.  You just have to have been born to an Islamic
> father who could even be an atheist (as Barack's father apparently
> was).

So it is a magical connection that has nothing to do with a person's
choice?  And we should take this one belief of Muslims seriously
because...

> I don't trust people who try to hide things about themselves.>

Hiding his magical connection that would only be believed by people
who grew up as Muslim and bought into this belief.  We should all
adapt this superstitious POV?

Obama's religion is the pseudo-cannibalistic Christian religion.  But
thank God he's not a Muslim!  They believe some weird stuff don't they?