--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The real example of hubris in politics is not Barack, who
> seems to me to have a lot of common sense and "groundedness,"
> but the current occupant of the White House and the neocons
> who surround him.

Maybe you want to give this piece another read.
"Hubris" wasn't the main point at all, nor did
it suggest that Obama didn't have common sense
or "groundedness."

Where it used the term "hubris," it was in the
context that it encouraged "the belief that
gifted politicians can engender a selfless
communitarian solidarity."

I don't recall that being part of GWB's pitch,
do you?

In any case, *my* point had to do with what some
of us perceive to be the emptiness of the "hope
and change" meme that Barry was warbling blissfully
about earlier, as if anyone who isn't enraptured
by it is somehow stuck in the past and considers
"hope" a dirty word.