Allow me to reinforce Barry's suggestion
with this amusing and relevant article
that was very popular in the New York
Times not long ago:

http://tinyurl.com/6d6cjb

What Shamu Taught Me About a Happy Marriage

By AMY SUTHERLAND
Published: June 25, 2006

AS I wash dishes at the kitchen sink, my husband paces behind me,
irritated. "Have you seen my keys?" he snarls, then huffs out a loud
sigh and stomps from the room with our dog, Dixie, at his heels,
anxious over her favorite human's upset.

In the past I would have been right behind Dixie. I would have turned
off the faucet and joined the hunt while trying to soothe my husband
with bromides like, "Don't worry, they'll turn up." But that only made
him angrier, and a simple case of missing keys soon would become a
full-blown angst-ridden drama starring the two of us and our poor
nervous dog.

Now, I focus on the wet dish in my hands. I don't turn around. I don't
say a word. I'm using a technique I learned from a dolphin trainer.

Read the rest at http://tinyurl.com/6d6cjb . It's a classic!