the arguments are not laughed off as
just that - a bias against sex that
makes them squeamish. I guess most
heterosexuals get an "ick" response
at the thought of gay sex, so they
go along with specious reasoning
like that John articulates below.

It reminds me of the tortured arguments
of the Dred Scott decisions of the 1850s,
when all but one of the Justices went to
extreme lengths to justify their decision
that Africans were not fully human.

It's funny to read queers' responses to
thoughts of straight sex. They get creeped
out just thinking about stuff we heterosexuals
love.

I think it was Pauline Kael who observed
that there are no generally agreed-upon
classics in the realm of porno movies -
no "Casablancas" or "It Happened One
Nights" - because sex is too personal