shempmcgurk wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> shempmcgurk wrote:
>>
>>> Despite all the cat-calling and all the claims that she is an
>>>
> idiot,
>
>>> no one seems to get that conservatives love Sarah Palin.
>>>
>>> I certainly do...and I can't think of anyone I'd want as
>>>
> president
>
>>> more than her.
>>>
>>> Take a look at the poll results below.
>>>
>>> -------------
>>>
>>> Rasmussen Reports, in a new poll published Friday, has some
>>> interesting data on how Republicans still have overwhelming
>>>
> positive
>
>>> feelings about Palin:
>>>
>>> Ninety-one percent (91%) of Republicans have a favorable view of
>>> Palin, including 65% who say their view is Very Favorable. Only
>>>
> eight
>
>>> percent (8%) have an unfavorable view of her, including three
>>>
> percent
>
>>> (3%) Very Unfavorable.
>>>

>>> When asked to choose among some of the GOP's top names for their
>>> choice for the party's 2012 presidential nominee, 64% say Palin.
>>>
> The
>
>>> next closest contenders are two former governors and unsuccessful
>>> challengers for the presidential nomination this year -- Mike
>>> Huckabee of Arkansas with 12% support and Mitt Romney of
>>> Massachusetts with 11%.
>>>
>>> Three other sitting governors - Bobby Jindal of Louisiana,
>>>
> Charlie
>
>>> Crist of Florida and Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota - all pull low
>>>
> single-
>
>>> digit support.
>>>
>> All Obama has to do is turn some things around and no one will vote
>>
> for
>
>> a Republican for a long time (if ever, more likely it will splinter
>>
> off
>
>> into other parties).   As it is they would be foolish to run
>>
> Palin.  She
>
>> should have stuck to being a news anchor.   The era of electing
>>
> someone
>
>> "you can have a beer with" is over.  It was one of the darkest, if
>>
> not
>
>> the darkest, era in American history and the public will be paying
>>
> for
>
>> it for a long time.  All you have to do is show "why" they are
>>
> paying
>
>> for it.  Game over.
>>

> I wouldn't write off the Republicans just yet, Bhairitu...Obama isn't
> even president yet.  A whole lot of things can happen in 4 years.
>
> To think that America is anything but a right-of-center country would
> be a mistake.  Obama is the first Democrat to garner more than 50% of
> the popular vote since Jimmy Carter in '76 (and he only got 50.1% of
> the vote).  Obama's margin of victory -- 6.5% -- was hardly a
> landslide...nor was his margin in the electoral college a landslide.
>
> But if he governs the country satisfactorily in the bi-partisan
> [...]
Sure, run Palin for President in 2012 and Obama will have a second term
easy.   But I also think there is going to be some fallout among
Republicans over the this last election and that may lead to some new
parties.  A lot of us would like to see some election reform.  This last
campaign went on far too long doncha think?   Let's cut this nonsense
down to a few months.  Let's add instant runoff voting and open up to
more parties.