> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@>
wrote:

> > On Nov 12, 2008, at 4:44 AM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> > >
> > > This week is the 30th anniversary of Jonestown. I was in Iran
on the
> > > world
> > > peace project when it happened and my buddies freaked out when
I went
> > > missing one night. I didn't show up for a meeting because I was
in a
> > > friend's room reading about the incident in his TIME magazine.
When
> > > we got
> > > back to Switzerland Maharishi commented that "a Christian cult
had
> > > committed
> > > suicide." He was gloating a bit, as he was pissed at the
> > > fundamentalists for
> > > opposing TM in the schools, etc., and he was lumping the
Jonestown
> > > cult in
> > > with them. A year or two later, MMY send a small delegation to
> > > Guyana to ask
> > > government officials there to give land and support for a
Sidhaland
> > > in the
> > > jungle. The government bureaucrat's reaction was
basically, "Are you
> > > nuts?
> > > Don't you know what we've been through down here?"
> > >

> > My recollection is that MMY's response was: if they can't see
the
> > difference
> > between us and Jim Jones, we're not interested in them (either).>>
> >
> > What a mature and thoughtful response.
> >

> Seemed that way to me. Still does.
>

> Lawson

There's not much anyone could say about 'Jonestown'...
It forever gave 'cult's' a bad name...
Cult's got a bad name also, from what happened in Waco, TX.
It was a shame, that so many people could perish on the whim of one
mad-man...
But, then you think of a dude like the h-man, adolf, and you
sometimes wonder why humans could be so dumb...
This is one thing that was discussed in the 'Screwtape Letters',
written during WWII, about this novice demon was learning how to
entice humans to do evil, by an elder demon, and he was saying how
dumb humans seemed to be, and so easy to fool...
R.G.