--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "Dick Richardson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I seem to recall reading about that somewhere, sometime. Taunton is
the
> nearest town to me and I used to play chess in Exeter University many
> moons ago :- ) >>

I got seriously fucking blottoed on the real scrumpy in Exeter in 1980
(my brother was at art school there), and a bunch of us Scots that were
on holiday there nearly got into a fight with an English giant of a
local yokel looking for some Scottish who had jumped him earlier.
Luckily I talked our way out of it, and we all went out together for a
booze-up the next night and had a laugh -- Scots and English together.

OffWorld

I am situated twix Exmoor and the Quatocks but lived in
> North Devon for 35 years - Barnstaple area, but I live on the other
side
> of the moor now.  Do you remeber the old tamp and his wife on the
> Barnataple to Extere Raod - she used to puch him on his bike :- )
They