On Nov 22, 2008, at 5:11 PM, ultrarishi wrote:

> Hey, good people.  I've gotten some outstanding Mac advice here in the
> past and as a Mac nOOb I appreciate FFL's advice in this area.  My
> question is in regards to installing TechTool on my MacBook Pro.
>
> My unit is running Leopard.  I went ahead and setup Boot Camp and run
> Windows XP Pro on the unit as well.  After I got Boot Camp and XP Pro
> running great, I purchased and setup VMWare which runs just fine, too.
> I would like to add TechTool to the Mac side of things, but don't know
> if Boot Camp and XP's partition will screw up or be screwed by the
> Tech Tool intstallation.  I don't won't to learn this the hard way, if
> there is already an answer out there.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.

So you don't have TechTool installed anywhere yet?

Tech Tool Pro sets up it's own little partition called an eDrive which
it uses to boot from in an emergency. There have been problems in the
past with Bootcamp and this other partition. I'd make sure that
problem has been fixed before I'd install it.