[...]>

> Unfortunately, since TM research fails to show any signs of higher
> states of consciousness, but instead just continues to show relaxation/
> alpha coherence "benefits"--all within the normal range of alpha for
> even non-meditators (it's actually statistically not that different
> from people napping 2 x 20) I understood quite well what I'm reading.
> At least according to neuroscientists. I just don't interpret it in a
> TB or OCD framework like yourself.

You've yet to cite peer reviewed research published in the last 20 years
that claims that the EEG alpha coherence found during TM is within the
normal range. ANd, even if it is (due to the ceiling effect), that doesn't
mean that the practice doesn't have accumulative benefits over a longer'
period.

> In fact TM research has so repeatedly kept flogging the same dead
> horse, most independent neuroscientists stopped taking in seriously a
> long time ago.

Except those that still do. As I have pointed out several times, there is a term
used in meditation research circles called "Pure Consciousness Episode" (or
Experience), the physiological correlates of which are taken directly from the
TC
research on TM. Interested people should google PCE + meditation...

E.G.: http://www.ic.arizona.edu/ic/psyc358/358-Lect_21.html

Lawson