> on 6/25/05 2:19 PM, Premanand Paul Mason at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >> No, but I've seen Maharishi practice it many times, and Guru Dev
used
> >> advise the practice.
> >
> > Rick, did MMY say this about Guru Dev (about him advising others
to do
> > mala-japa)?
> > For sure Guru Dev recommended 'mantra-japa' i.e. mental
repetition of a
> > mantra, but scouring through his published satsangs there is very
> > little reference to the use of mala.
> > However, there is no doubt that Guru Dev himself practised mala-
japa.

> I remember a story where Guru Dev sent his chelas to another guru
to get a
> japa mantra from him. Heard that one?

Nope, but I'd like to, ,
However, he did recommend mantra-japa and advised people to find a
sadguru,(sadguru = n.mas. a good tutor, God.) who would give them the
correct mantra. It is interesting that he did not enlist his 'staff'
to do this work of initiation. He must have believed that the
initiation from elsewhere would be sufficient?!